Re: Uploading during freeze time

I just realised, the packages I'm complaining about are essentially
squeeze backports. That is, they're packages that the packager wishes
could have gone into squeeze but can't because of the freeze, so they
go into experimental instead.

Would it make sense then to start $x-backports as soon as $x gets
frozen? That way experimental doesn't become a tangled mess of
backports and actual experimental packages, you get a head start in
starting the backport branch, and maybe even in a few lucky cases, the
release managers can even let one of the backports past the freeze.

Does this make sense?