Re: Uploading during freeze time

Il giorno mar, 12/10/2010 alle 08.55 -0500, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso ha
scritto:
> On 11 October 2010 19:02, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> > Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <jordigh@gmail.com> writes:
> >

> >> The *real* problem is that labelling Firefox 3.6 as "experimental" is
> >> downright silly.
> >
> > Hm, okay.  I guess I'm not feeling particularly inspired to do any work
> > based on that reaction.
>
> Sorry if I'm frustrated, but there's a real issue that you seem to
> insist as dismissing as a non-issue. Perhaps you're happy mixing three
> different distribution lines in your sources.list, but I'm not.

Jordi, I can't speak for Russ, but not only I do understand you: I can
grant you lot of people, including some DDs, do.*

But before this conversation goes on forever - which is tipically what
happens when people think they are debating on methods and techniques
while instead they diverge on motivations - does the following satisfy
you:

http://lwn.net/Articles/406301/
http://cut.debian.net/

(at least in its statements of purpose and future plans - obviously not
in the current state of implementation) ?

If - as I think - the answer is "yes", then at least you can change your
"nobody cares" kind of frustration to "nobody still did it, but someone
is trying [let's help]".

bye

Pietro

* And I also would like to have what you would like. But then, I'm not
100% sure that it would benefit for Debian as a whole. What I really
dream of is that sidux, together with its team, is integrated as part of
Debian. But I do not know anybody from sidux, so again I don't know if
that would benefit Debian as a whole.