Re: Uploading during freeze time

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 08:55:11 -0500, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 11 October 2010 19:02, Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> wrote:
> > Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <jordigh@gmail.com> writes:
> >

> >> The *real* problem is that labelling Firefox 3.6 as "experimental" is
> >> downright silly.
> >
> > Hm, okay.  I guess I'm not feeling particularly inspired to do any work
> > based on that reaction.
>
> Sorry if I'm frustrated, but there's a real issue that you seem to
> insist as dismissing as a non-issue. Perhaps you're happy mixing three
> different distribution lines in your sources.list, but I'm not.

Apt pinning isn't necessarily for the faint of heart, but it is a good
option for users willing to take the plunge.  If you really want
firefox 3.6, you can pin it from experimental.  If that process is more
complicated than you're comfortable with, you can always choose to stick
with firefox 3.5 from testing/unstable (or use mozilla's 3.6 tarball).

Best wishes,
Mike