Re: Asking for DMUA: Yes while seeking first sponsor

[I am a DM]

Hi there,

  Even this is against the spirit of Debian Maintainer Concept, I
believe this is because people are pragmatic.

  Speaking of experience I had to re-upload 5 times the exact same
packages (GDCM) because in between each upload:
- HPPA uploaded a Java package with dangling symnlink,
- arm/armel updated the java package and libraries moved around,
- vtk upload a libvtk-java with dangling symlink,
- cmake was uploaded with a broken findjni.cmake.

ref:

  Thankfully I was under the debian-med umbrella, otherwise I would
have gone mad, if every time I would have had to search for a DD.

  I completely understand when a package is being *first* uploaded the
need for a DD to review it. What I do not understand is that I should
go with this exact same process (which can takes a couple of days),
where the only differences appears in debian/control file just to
tweak some version number. I even had a case where two different DD
did the upload, I *really* think this would save brain cycle if we had
a lighter process.

  For instance, I would really like to see a special DM-Upload-Allowed
+ VCS field (because I use VCS, I believe minor changes to debian/*
should be automatic).

  I really do believe only the first upload should be manually
checked, and fixes on /exotic/ platform should not go into the main
category.

Thanks for your attention.

-Mathieu
Ps: I am fine with the definition of second class citizen, I just want
to make the process a little lighter, this will reduce frustration for
everyone.