Re: Asking for DMUA: Yes while seeking first sponsor

Hi!

Am 15.06.2010 12:16, schrieb Mathieu Malaterre:

>   Speaking of experience I had to re-upload 5 times the exact same
> packages (GDCM) because in between each upload:

Why 5 times?

> - HPPA uploaded a Java package with dangling symnlink,
> - arm/armel updated the java package and libraries moved around,
> - vtk upload a libvtk-java with dangling symlink,
> - cmake was uploaded with a broken findjni.cmake.
>
> ref:
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=544674#115
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=544674#167

Looking at these bug reports it seems at a first glance I see no reason
for an upload of gdcm.

#562775 seems to be a bug in vtk, got solved there.
#579959 seems to have been a bug in cmake.
#544674 and #544674 where again bugs in cmake.

If I'm not mistaken, all these bugs could have been "solved" without
sourceful uploads by requesting binNMUs.

Best regards,
  Alexander