Re: RFS: pidgin-skype

On Wed, 04 Nov 2009, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I would rather stick to the interpretation that the preferred form
> of modification is the one upstream uses, even if we think this is
> not optimal and we would prefer he had done another way.

The prefered form of modification is the form that is actually used to
modify the work. In the instant case, I'm convinced that it's not the
set of 6 PNGs we're distributing, but two SVGs we do not. If someone
actually feels differently, they should contact the upstream author
who should provide information that will convince ftpmaster that this
is so.

In your case, I'd suggest that you should be distributing *both* the
docbook form, and the nroff form that upstream is modifying. [Or at
the very least, the docbook form should be publicly available, even if
it doesn't go in the orig.tar.gz.]

Don Armstrong

--
N: Why should I believe that?"