Re: RFS: pidgin-skype

Le Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 12:29:00PM -0800, Don Armstrong a écrit :

> You can deliberately destroy the source code of almost anything that
> we distribute in Debian. That doesn't change what the source code was.
> [And honestly, I'm not convinced that such deliberate destruction
> complies with DFSG §2 anyway.]

Dear all

If the Project is really serious about it, I have to declare a couple of RC
bugs on some of my packages: I have sent manpages in Docbook and nroff format
Upstream, and some of them discarded the Docbook source, since they are more
comfortable editing the nroff source directly.

I would rather stick to the interpretation that the preferred form of
modification is the one upstream uses, even if we think this is not optimal and
we would prefer he had done another way.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,