Archival of source material forwarded upstream (was: Re: RFS: pidgin-skype).

Le Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 06:26:59PM -0800, Don Armstrong a écrit :

> In your case, I'd suggest that you should be distributing *both* the
> docbook form, and the nroff form that upstream is modifying. [Or at
> the very least, the docbook form should be publicly available, even if
> it doesn't go in the orig.tar.gz.]

I do not want to get bug report asking me to keep the DocBook and the Nroff in
sync, so I removed the forwarded DocBook files from the debian directory of the
source package, but I acknowledge that although it is easy to resurrect them
from our Subversion repository, there is little chance it happens if the
information that they are there is not properly handled. Do you think that a
note in README.source would be appropriate ?

Have a nice day, and sorry for the thread hijiacking.

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,