Re: RFS: mantis (updated package)

Hi Ben,

I appreciate your comments, but i think there's a little mix-up with
this thread. I'm sure it was my fault, let me explain ..

I uploaded a new package release of mantis to mentors to be sponsored. I
adopted this package but everything was in the wrong way, then i tried
to arrange things step to step.

My ITA was accepted by  Olivier and Patrick (older maintainers), but
this bug wasn't closed yet... i don't want to extend myself, finally i
decided to upload a new release with some changes, closing some bugs and
changing either the new maintainer info.

Then, I send a message to mentors, because "if some one review this new
release" may be will don't understand "why i haven't fix a security bug
on the newest release".. that's the thread of my conversation with Paul.

I have to review more than 3 years of work on this package to understood
what happen, that was a great work and it's a pleasure .. but then I
found out what was happen with some deprecated files, like prototype ..
from older releases, not included in deb package but still living in
source tar ball. .... (long story)

On my actually status, i just want to do things as better, step by step,
i am not actually the official maintainer since it will be upload the
newest package, because of that reason I don't want to send nothing to
bts to prevent confusions.

Followind advices from Paul, I think it best to check out with security
team some problems with this package, and establish with them the better
solution. I want to understand why this thing happens, to prevent in
further versions, and review all source code to clear all possible
errors. Then if it's needed i would include some explanation in the next
release .. i just want to do as well.

I don't want to bother you with this subject, please consider my
apologies if i have hindered you.

Ben, thanks for all your appreciated help, ever, always, it's
appreciated to learn something new.

Kind regards,

Sils

BTW, I wish you a happy new year!