Re: RFS: mantis (updated package)

sils <sils@powered-by-linux.com> writes:

> Paul Wise wrote:

[…]

> > > In that case you can close the bug right now with a versioned -done
> message:
> > >
> > > http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#closing
>
> Thanks, it'll be better than a simple 'done', but i prefer to close
> them when my maintainer status was set with the newest version i
> uploaded to mentors, i suppose it's the right way to do it :-)

No, it's not the right way to do it. The bug is not fixed by a new
release of the package, so closing the report by that release's
changelog entry is not right.

Ideally, the release that actually fixed the bug would have closed the
report. But that's not what happened, so the report is now out of date
with reality by your account.

The bug is *already* resolved, by your account above; it's merely that
the report has not been updated to reflect that fact. You should do that
independent of any new release.

--
 \                “Science doesn't work by vote and it doesn't work by |
  `\        authority.” —Richard Dawkins, _Big Mistake_ (The Guardian, |