Re: RFS: soundconverter [Was: soundconverter: want to help, can't contact maintainer]

Le Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 07:30:30PM +0800, Jason Heeris a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> If anyone wants to sponsor an updated version of the package, it's ready
> on mentors.d.n:

> main contrib non-free
> - dget
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/s/soundconverter/soundconverter_1.4.4-1.dsc
>
> Changes from the last package are mainly due to upstream switch to bz2
> (new get-orig-source target in rules file, updated watch file). Package
> is lintian clean.
>
> I'm happy to take it over from now on, as well.

Hello Jason,

I just uploaded the package. Personnaly, my main focus is molecular biology and
bioinformatics, so I will not be able to help you on a regular basis. I hope
that you will find a nice home to this package, and keep on improving it. For instance,
it seems that the menu entry has difficulties to find its icon…

Also, please introduce yourself to the upstream authors, and help them to get the best of
the Debian bugs. Ubuntu bugs may be intersting as well, as the Ubuntu users were exposed
to higher versions of the package for a long time.

Lastly, I have two coments about the copyright file that you reformatted.
Please keep the GPL boilerplate, it conveys key information. Also, the
’Maintainer’ field is not meant to indicate the person responsible for the
Debian package, but rather the upstream maintainer. To disambiguate this, and
because in some cases the contact link was a discussion list rather than a
person, I use ‘Contact’ instead. See for instance:
http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/libg/libgo-perl/current/copyright
Please correct this in your next upload.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan