Re: soundconverter: want to help, can't contact maintainer

Hi Jason, -mentors,

> Hi all,
> Inspired by recent discussion on these lists, I decided to help out with
> some existing packages. One of them was soundconverter, a GTK app for
> converting between sound formats. It was a little behind on the upstream
> releases, so I updated the package and emailed the maintainer to offer
> my assistance.
> That was a week ago, and I haven't heard back, so my question is: what
> do I do now? (I realise a week isn't *that* long, and possibly doesn't
> qualify the word "can't" in the subject line, but I'd still like to know.)

Sorry, I've been more than a bit behind on non-critical email for a while
(fortunately I was poked on IRC about this email -- a sure way to get my

I've been meaning to update it for some time, but never got around to
it. Feel free to find a sponsor for your updated package. If you are
tempted to adopt soundconverter, also feel free to take it out of my

Apologies for my generally high latency,
William Grant
Ubuntu Developer