Re: RFS: roxterm (now 1.15.2-1)

On Tue, 7 Jul 2009 02:18:34 +0300
George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> wrote:

> > On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 21:02:47 +0300
> >
> > George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> wrote:
> > > Everything looks fine, except that `move-all-then-remove-some'
> > > installation method [1] (which could be hazardous sometimes) could be
> > > avoided by using dh_install(1) next time.
> > >
> > > [1]    $(MAKE) DESTDIR=$(CURDIR)/debian/roxterm install
> > >         cp -f $(CURDIR)/debian/roxterm.xpm
> > > $(CURDIR)/debian/roxterm/usr/share/pixmaps/
> > >         $(RM) $(CURDIR)/debian/roxterm/usr/share/doc/roxterm/COPYING
> > >         $(RM) $(CURDIR)/debian/roxterm/usr/share/doc/roxterm/AUTHORS
> > >         $(RM) $(CURDIR)/debian/roxterm/usr/share/doc/roxterm/README
> >
> > Do you mean change DESTDIR to $(CURDIR)/debian/tmp then run dh_install
> > with --exclude (can you use more than one --exclude per invocation?)
> > and/or a roxterm.install file?
>
> --exclude means it won't even move the file into package directory, not that it
> will remove it after moving it there.
>
> Generally, if you have a too noisy `make install', you can completely skip it,
> and use dh_install instead which reads the contents of:
>
> debian/<binary_package>.install
>
> which in your case might look something like (reading from memory, so please
> adjust;-):
>
> usr/bin/*
> usr/share/man/man1/*
>
> Yes, multiple -X are allowed (dh_install -XITEM1 -XITEM2)

Do you mean I should expand the *s and list all the files rather than
include the *s literally? Otherwise how would it know what to install in
/usr/bin if it hadn't run make install? There are also the glade,
desktop, svg and locale files to be installed in various subdirectories
of /usr/share.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk