Re: RFS: pyspi (NMU - RC bug fix)

Le Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 05:45:04PM -0500, Ruben Molina a écrit :

> I am looking for a sponsor for my NMU of the "pyspi" package.
>
> I am fixing an one-year-old RC bug here (#482260). I provided the patch
> four months ago, and stated my intention to NMUing two months ago.

Dear Ruben, thank you very much for your effort of removing RC bugs in Debian!

In the particular case of pyspi, I note that it had only two upload, the
initial by the maintaine and a NMU, and that it was removed from testing one
year ago. His maintainer showed activity in February-March 2009, which means
that he is aware of the RC bug, but for some reason did not fix it.

First of all, have you tried to contact him directly? In my experience it often
works suprisingly better that through the BTS, despite the email goes in the
same @debian.org box.

If he does not show interest for his package, then unless you want to adopt it,
I would rather recommend that you file a request for removal. If for more than
one year there was no manpower to take care of this package (and its reverse
dependancy), then NMUing it will only have the effect of drawing some time of
another developper at the next RC bug…

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy