Re: non-native package versions

On Wednesday 01,July,2009 12:27 AM, Juan Jesús Ojeda Croissier wrote:
> [...]
> And also a kind of retorical one (I guess I know already the
> answer...), do I really need to separate the app code from the debian
> packaging files? isn't there another option?
> I guess we'll have to slit them :-/
You don't. You just have to release the tarball without it (the debian/
directory). I know of applications which have the debian/ directory in
the upstream source code, but generate tarballs without them. If you use
autotools, this is very easy. Just run `make dist' in the configured
source directory. If you don't, well, you're on your own (hint: tar
--exclude=debian if all else fails).

--
Regards,
Chow Loong Jin