Re: dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on.... (they use none of its symbols)

В Sat, 21 Mar 2009 14:00:41 -0430, Muammar El Khatib написа:

> No, Debian is not BSD. But we have this
> http://www.debian.org/ports/kfreebsd-gnu/:

GNU/kFreeBSD is a GNU system.

>  Now, as you can see at #502083 and #320697 the use of the flag has
>  gotten problems before.

The keyword here is "before".  There were bugs in binutils exposed on
some architectures, especially for C++ linking.  Maybe new architectures
like armel are still problematic in some cases.  The problem Bernhard
Link describes has been resolved upstream:

http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2009-01/msg00413.html