Re: dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on.... (they use none of its symbols)

Hi,

Thank you so much to all of you for answering the mail and all of my doubts.
I'll ignore the warnings in the meanwhile and contact Upstream and GTK+
maintainers later.

I don't think that using --as-needed flag would be a good option, IMHO. I
believe that If I passed this flag it would not work in all architectures, so it
will make quickplot brake on some of them. The fact that makes me strong on this
argument, It's that linking a binary correctly is something that does not only
depends on how the binary is being linked at compilation time, it also depends
on how its dependencies are linked, too. Another reason would be one that I read
in one of the links that Paul sent:

1) "It's known not to work on FreeBSD and probably does not work on other
non-Linux targets."

2) http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=502083

3) http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=320697

Regards,