Re: dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on.... (they use none of its symbols)

On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 2:37 PM, Chow Loong Jin <hyperair@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah, my bad. Thanks for clarifying. Either way isn't that bug marked as
> fixed? Which would mean all the issues discussed in the bug are also
> fixed?

Sure, It was marked as fixed. But it doesn't assure anything to me. I mean, even
if it was marked as fixed, I shouldn't expect that my case would be the same.
I'd prefer to contact GTK+ maintainers (taking care about what is said in
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=456335) or wait a little bit,
instead of setting a flag that could lead problems in other architectures just
to avoid a dpkg-shlibdeps warning (knowing that the real reason of those
warnings are related to the *.pc files of the gtk's libraries).

Regards,
--
Muammar El Khatib.
Linux user: 403107.