Re: pbuilder and building a package twice in a row with hook-skript?

Laurent Guignard <lguignard.debian@gmail.com> writes:

> On jeu, 19 mar 2009 12:28:02 +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> > Hmm. When I try this on some of my packages it fails, because
> > apparently ‘dpkg-buildpackage -tc’ isn't how ‘pbuilder’ is running
> > the program.
> >
> > How, within a pbuilder hook program, can I get the complete
> > command line that pbuilder uses to invoke ‘dpkg-buildpackage’?
>
> Ithink you can find more information about this in :
> /usr/sbin/pbuilder
> and
> /usr/lib/pbuilder/pbuilder-buildpackage
>
> Hope this will help.

It helps a little, but AFAICT the command line is not actually
available for use by the hook program. Am I missing something?

This problem is still fuzzy for me. I've never been sure exactly what
the precise sequence we're supposed to test actually *is*.

While people have been happy to say “try a pbuilder hook”, what
should that hook *do*, exactly? Build the package twice — but with
what exact command line? Should the first be different from the
second?

Looking at ‘pbuilder-buildpackage’, it doesn't use the ‘-tc’ option to
clean the source tree after build; does that mean pbuilder is not the
right tool here? Or not its default configuration? If not, then what
tool has been revealing the bugs that lead to this whole issue of
double-build failures?

--
 \       “Everything you read in newspapers is absolutely true, except |
  `\        for that rare story of which you happen to have first-hand |