Re: Listing dependencies with specific versions

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 18:12:56 +0000 (UTC)
Andy Hawkins <andy@gently.org.uk> wrote:

> >> Can someone confirm / deny my understanding here? As I say, I'm
> >> very new to all this.
> >
> > Sorry to inflict my mistake upon you. It happens to everyone at some
> > point.
>
> Whoops. It appears the mistake is mine. Picture support was actually
> added in flac 1.1.3, not 1.2.0 as I thought.

In which case, the bug would only show if the package was in unstable
and then installed on Etch as that has 1.1.2.

That would be a problem for a package in Debian as it would risk a
failure during a migration from Etch to Lenny but your package has no
real chance of getting into Lenny.

> Mea culpa.

(join the club)

> My .deb however doesn't depend on a specific version of libflac, is
> that because there are no versions prior to this available?

It's because of the bug in flac and because you haven't used the
workaround.

--

Neil Williams