Re: Listing dependencies with specific versions

Hi,

In article <[🔎] slrngjt3ed.l53.andy@gently.org.uk>,
           Andy Hawkins<andy@gently.org.uk> wrote:
> Umm, I'll try. I'm not sure exactly what that bug report should say! Kind of
> new to all this Debian packaging stuff (as of this time last week I knew
> nothing about it!).

Now I'm confused. Is there a bug in the libflac++ stuff or not? The way I
see it:

1. If my software is compiled against libflac1.1.x, it won't include picture
support, so will work with a version of libflac1.1.x *or* libflac1.2.x

2. If my software is compiled against libflac1.2.x, it *will* include
picture support so *won't* work with a version of libflac1.1.x, only
libflac2.2.x

3. When I build my package on testing, it compiles and links against
libflac1.2.x. So, it includes picture support. *However*, the dependencies
for the binary package only say it depends on libflac, no libflac >= 1.2.x

Can someone confirm / deny my understanding here? As I say, I'm very new to
all this.

Cheers

Andy