Re: Listing dependencies with specific versions

Hi,

In article <[🔎] 20081209120654.769de1ee.codehelp@debian.org>,
           Neil Williams<codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
> dpkg-shlibdeps appears to disagree - either the symbols in FLAC are
> wrong or your suspicion could be wrong. Are you talking about new
> symbols in the FLAC library or bug fixes in existing functions?

New symbols. It specifically has support for embedding images into the FLAC
file. This was introduced in 1.2.

My app correctly detects this support at compile time. If it is compiled
against a version of FLAC before 1.2, it will not embed pictures. If it see
a version >= 1.2 then it will.

What I'm trying to avoid is a packaged compiled against the flac-dev with
the picture support in, being installed on a system where the installed
libflac is <= 1.2

Hope that makes sense?

Andy