Re: Listing dependencies with specific versions

Hi,

In article <[🔎] e13a36b30812090223u32165045k88061c7233ac03ea@mail.gmail.com>,
           Paul Wise<pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 7:02 PM, Andy Hawkins <andy@gently.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> I need to force the version of one particular component.
>
> Why is that?

Because that version of FLAC includes extra functionality that is detected
at compile time. If I compile a binary against the newer FLAC libraries,
then I suspect that binary will fail to run with the old ones because this
functionality isn't present.

I originally started packaging my application for Debian just so that I
could distribute a binary package myself (and obviously a source package
should anyone want to build it). However, if it is useful and can be added
to the archive proper then so much the better.

Andy