Re: RFS: xeji (updated package)

Hi Vincent,
On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> wrote:>
> I think  that you missed a  point with lintian overrides.  There are two
> kinds of lintian overrides:
>  - source
>  - binary
> If  you  depend  on  debhelper   (>=  6.0.7)  (don't  forget  to  change
> debian/compat with "6"), you can  just use dh_lintian in debian/rules to
> install lintian files.
>
> This will  remove your last  lintian warning. If my  explanations aren't
> clear  enough, you  can  read the  manual  page of  dh_lintian that  may
> explain better (and in a more concise way) all this.
> --

Yep, i understood  that lintian-overrides haves a source and a binary
side, each one affecting its own part,
then i downloaded a couple of packages to check how other people did
this, and i got confused once again, and ended mixing both source and
binary in one file.
Well, this time i did what you adviced me and upgraded the compat  to
v6.0.7 in debian/control and debian/compat, also used dh_lintian to
install the overrides-file, which is much clearer than installing it
by hand.
BTW, your explanation was clear enough to let me understand how to do
this lintian-override thing correctly.
You may find the dsc in mentors [0]

Thanks,
Mauro