Re: RFS: xeji (updated package)

OoO En ce  début d'après-midi ensoleillé du lundi  07 juillet 2008, vers
15:33, Mauro Lizaur <lavaramano@gmail.com> disait :

> Hi Vincent,
> I was running against .changes, but against _source.changes instead of
> _ARCH.changes, my bad. Also I did the changes you told me to do in the
> copyright file; and finally i added the lintian overrides for the binary
> package.

> Now i just get this message, i believe this time worked fine.
>> I: xeji: unused-override xeji source: debian-watch-file-is-missing

> As usual you can get the .dsc from here
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/xeji/xeji_1.2-14.dsc

Hi Mauro!

I think  that you missed a  point with lintian overrides.  There are two
kinds of lintian overrides:
 - source
 - binary

Source lintian  overrides are not  installed with the package,  they are
just  used   to  remove  some   lintian  warnings  against   the  source
package. Its name should be debian/source.lintian-overrides

Binary       lintian        overrides       are       installed       in
/usr/share/lintian/overrides/<package>,    as    you    did   in    your
debian/rules.  And they  override  lintian warnings  against the  binary
packages.

For example,  if we remove your  lintian overrides and  run lintian with
-vIi against _arch.changes, we get the following output:

N: Setting up lab in /tmp/user/500/vAiMCbDlJb ...
N: Processing changes file xeji_1.2-14_amd64.changes ...
N: Processing 2 packages...
N: ----
N: Processing source package xeji (version 1.2-14) ...
I: xeji source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
[...]
N: ----
N: Processing binary package xeji (version 1.2-14) ...
E: xeji: copyright-should-refer-to-common-license-file-for-gpl
[...]
W: xeji: menu-command-not-in-package /usr/share/menu/xeji:11 /usr/bin/killall
[...]
N: Removing /tmp/user/500/vAiMCbDlJb ...

"xeji source: debian-watch-file-is-missing" should go in source.lintian-overrides
"xeji: copyright-should-refer-to-common-license-file-for-gpl" should go in xeji.lintian-overrides
"xeji: menu-command-not-in-package /usr/share/menu/xeji" should go in xeji.lintian-overrides

If  you  depend  on  debhelper   (>=  6.0.7)  (don't  forget  to  change
debian/compat with "6"), you can  just use dh_lintian in debian/rules to
install lintian files.

This will  remove your last  lintian warning. If my  explanations aren't
clear  enough, you  can  read the  manual  page of  dh_lintian that  may
explain better (and in a more concise way) all this.
--
I WILL ONLY DO THIS ONCE A YEAR
I WILL ONLY DO THIS ONCE A YEAR
I WILL ONLY DO THIS ONCE A YEAR
-+- Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode 3F31