Re: [CDBS] adding commands to the checking target.

On 13/02/2008, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I have disabled the tests on arm m68k s390 because they are not so
> fast, and on mips mipsel hppa because the buildds for these arches
> are not keeping up.

That won't help your package get faster on the top of the queue. And
this doesn't seem to be a valid reason at all to skip the test on some
archs. Anyway, you know that m68k isn't taken into account for testing
migration, right?

> Anyway, I do not expect any user on these architectures.

How is that a reason? I'd suggest not second-guessing users, and
anyway, that can help spot arch-specific troubles (like in the kernel,
ISTR hppa troubles detected at buildtime), or underlying bugs that
might not be detected on other platforms by the testsuite, but
ready-to-bite anyway.

> I am all open to enable the tests if one can prove me wrong with a
> message from a real user (the package name is primer3).

And that user would be reading -mentors?

I'd rather enable the tests on all architectures, except on those
where you *might* have a *real* reason not to (I don't know, maybe you
might want to disable the testsuite because an item of the toolchain
is currently buggy and would make your package FTBFS?). Current
statuses of various architectures aren't a reason to do so.

--
Cyril Brulebois