Re: [CDBS] adding commands to the checking target.

Le Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 03:11:05PM +0000, Neil Williams a écrit :

> If the tests are disabled, you won't know if some tests fail on
> different architectures. The whole point of make check if ensuring that
> the build works in environments other than the build machine.
>
> What about simply limiting the scale of the tests - e.g. if the upstream
> code uses a randomized input in a loop, maybe upstream could be patched
> to support a configurable number of cycles in each test routine.

> if ...
> DEB_MAKE_CHECK_TARGET = check
> else
> DEB_MAKE_CHECK_TARGET =
> endif

Hi Neil,

Thanks a lot for the help.

I have disabled the tests on arm m68k s390 because they are not so fast,
and on mips mipsel hppa because the buildds for these arches are not
keeping up. Anyway, I do not expect any user on these architectures. I am
all open to enable the tests if one can prove me wrong with a message
from a real user (the package name is primer3).

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org