Re: RFS: dhcp-probe, another try to request with a lot of update

Matthew Palmer a écrit :
> On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 01:37:48PM +0100, Laurent Guignard wrote:
>> I have another question about architecture :
>> How is it possible to check if a package could be built on architecture
>> without the appropriate hardware ?
>> I can say that dhcp-probe could be build on i386 and any compatible
>> architectures and with the upstream notes, i can say that dhcp-probe
>> could be built on sparc but how to test on other architectures ?
>
> You don't test it yourself.  When it's uploaded with Arch: any, it gets
> built on all architectures.  If the build fails, you'll be notified of it
> (via a bug).  Those bugs then get fixed.  If it builds, but fails to run
> properly on an arch, then someone will find that out and lodge a bug too.

>>> dh_installinit will automatically put a default file in place if
>>> asked nicely.  See the appropriate man page for more details.
>> Yes, dh_installinit will automatically put *a* default file in place.
>> As you noticed, it place *A* default file.
>> That i would like to do, is to place at least one file and i doesn't
>> know how many because it depends of the number of network interfaces the
>> host on which the package is installed has !
>
> Uhm... no.  That's not how it's done.  /etc/default/<file> is a shell
> fragment that configures the operation of /etc/init.d/<file>.  /etc/default
> is not a place for random config junk because you don't want to mkdir
> /etc/<package>.
>
> I repeat: DO NOT put your package's general config data in /etc/default. Put
> all that configuration data in /etc/dhcp-probe.  If the init scripts for the
> package are currently structured such that there is one init script per
> configured interface, someone needs to learn to use for loops.
>
> - Matt

OK, i didn't understand this. Yes, i didn't think about the
/etc/<package> possibility...
May be it is due to my poor english ;)

Have a good week-end.

Best regards

- --
Laurent Guignard, Registered as user #301590 with the Linux Counter
Site : http://www.famille-guignard.org
Blog : http://blog.famille-guignard.org
Projet : http://sicontact.sourceforge.net
GULL de Villefranche sur Saône : http://www.cagull.org