Re: RFS: dhcp-probe, another try to request with a lot of update

Hi

Most of things were already answered in Matthews reply, I only react on
missing things.

Dne Thu, 27 Nov 2008 22:14:56 +0100
Laurent Guignard <lguignard.debian@gmail.com> napsal(a):

> > - debian/rules:
> >
> > - rm -f can not fail, so you can strip some useless test commands
> > - "test ! -f Makefile || ./debian/rules config.status" - dependencies
> > in makefile should ensure this
>
> Yes sure for "rm -f" and its possible fail.
>
> I thought it was a cleaner method to test the file exists before running
> a command on, but may be i am wrong ?

The test is okay, but why do you invoke debian/rules? If you need
config.status to be up to date, just make it a dependency of rule where
you need it.