Re: Re: RFS: xinha

Hi,

2008/11/23 Mathieu Parent <math.parent@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>

> Thanks for all your help
>
> 2008/11/23 Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com>:
[...]
>>> Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 6.0.7~)
>>
>> what is that tilde doing there? (lintian should probably warn about it)
> the tilde is for eventual backports of debhelper (see
> http://lintian.debian.org/tags/debhelper-script-needs-versioned-build-depends.html).
>
> Cite: Giving the version followed by ~ is recommended so that
> backports will satisfy the dependency.

Yeah, Russ Allbery pointed that out in -mentors right after I sent the email.

[...]
>> debian/uupdate-wrapper:
>>
>>>   | gzip > xinha_$version.orig.tar.gz
>> use max compression (a.k.a -9)
> Done

But looks like you didn't re-compress the tarball using -9, please do.

>> * better use the same file name as in $file (there should be no worries about
>> replacing the file while reading from it because tar requires the whole tarball
>> to be available/read).
> Original tarbal is bzip2. that's why I rename it.

I missed that part, sorry.

[...]
> Regards
>
> Mathieu Parent

There are a couple of issues in xinha  itself that I will be reporting
later (security issues). Do you happen to have an email address of
upstream? I couldn't find it anywhere on the website.

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net

Yogi Berra  - "I never said most of the things I said."