Re: Re: RFS: xinha

Hi

2008/11/18 Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com>:

> ping

Thanks. As I'm not in debian-mentors, I've not seen this mail

> --------------- Forwarded message (begin)
>
> Subject: Re: RFS: xinha
> From: Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 14:43:51 -0600
> Newsgroup: gmane.linux.debian.devel.mentors
>
> Mathieu Parent wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 4:30 AM, Raphael Geissert
>> <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Mathieu,

>>> Version 0.95 has now been released, could you please update the package?
>>>

>> This is already done since june, see:
>> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/x/xinha/xinha_0.95-1.dsc
>
> Ok, sorry for not looking at mentors. So, let's review it so it can be
> uploaded to the archive soon (won't make it for lenny, of course).
>
> debian/control:
>> Standards-Version: 3.7.3
> Should be updated if the package comforms to 3.8.0
Done

> debian/rules:
>>        cp -r plugins $(CURDIR)/debian/xinha/usr/share/xinha/www/plugins
>>        cp -r popups  $(CURDIR)/debian/xinha/usr/share/xinha/www/popups
>>        cp -r skins   $(CURDIR)/debian/xinha/usr/share/xinha/www/skins
>>        install -t $(CURDIR)/debian/xinha/usr/share/xinha/www/ \
>>          htmlarea.js Xinha.css XinhaCore.js XinhaLoader.js
>
> why not just use dh_install and debian/install?
Done

>>         find debian/xinha/usr/share/xinha/www -type f -exec chmod -x '{}'
> \;
>>         find debian/xinha/usr/share/doc/xinha/examples -type f -exec
> chmod -x '{}' \;
>
> chmod -X debian/.... ?
Not sure to understand. Won't it deny browsing?

> debian/copyright:
>> See `/usr/share/common-licenses/LGPL'.
> You should be more specific and point to LGPL-2
Done

>> is licensed under the GPL, see `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL'.
> same here (and you should really think about that licence, as a mix of BSD +
> LGPL + GPL can cause troubles).
I'm using LGPL-2.1+ now. Done.

> Btw, it doesn't mention:
> ./XinhaCore.js:    --  Copyright (c) 2005-2008 Xinha Developer Team and
> contributors
> ./popups/about.html:   Copyright (c) 2005-2008 Xinha Developer Team and
> contributors
Done.

> ./plugins/Linker/dTree/dtree.css:| Copyright (c) 2002-2003 Geir
> Landr?               |
> ./skins/inditreuse/README:This work is licensed under the Creative Commons
> Attribution-ShareAlike License.
> ./skins/titan/README:This work is licensed under the Creative Commons
> Attribution-ShareAlike License.
>
> And the many other copyright owners which you can find via grep -r c_owner

TODO. A bit more complex. I will dot it next.

> debian/docs:
> debian/dirs:
> release-notes.txt should actually be installed as upstream's changelog
> (dh_installchangelogs).
Done

> Please fix the above mentioned issues (and investigate on the copyright
> owner line which has a '?', and the licences of the plugins and skins).

Ok. Remaining issue is copyright.

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/collab-maint/ext-maint/xinha/trunk/

>> Mathieu Parent
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Atomo64 - Raphael
>
> Please avoid sending me Word, PowerPoint or Excel attachments.
>

> --------------- Forwarded message (end)
>
> --
> Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer
> www.debian.org - get.debian.net