Re: BSD licenses

Thanks Jose
> 3-clausule BSD is DFSG-compatible [0], there may be infinite
> BSD-licenses versions, just check they're DFSG-compatible by checking
> each of these points with the license. What you see different are just
> clausules the author adds and they may be restrictive at times... So if
> you're unsure email to debian-legal@l.d.o
>
> [0]
> http://wiki.debian.org/DFSGLicenses#head-85700b45e3e6dfe08d94e89b596be0e2a2
>97c0c5
I had forgotten this clause.

Anyway, even if the licenses aren't long it would be easier if they were
standardised with well documented relations to the other licenses. A single
word may change the meaning of the license and it is difficult to know the
consequenses.

Perhaps the Debian mentor list is not the correct place to discuss it. Excuse
me if I'm off topic and thanks for the help.

Regards
Gudjon