Re: Homepages and debtags (was Re: RFS: monkey)

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 10:34, Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 17:55:48 +0900
> "Paul Wise" <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
>> You should include a Homepage field.
>
>> Your package has no debtags, please add some:
>>
>> http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/edit.html?pkg=monkey
>
> Maybe both of these should be default criteria for sponsoring? The
> first upload of any non-native package should either include the
> Homepage field or an explanation of why there might be no homepage.
>
> Subsequent uploads of any package should ensure that debtags are
> complete.

While this is nice to have, I don't think add a strong require on this
is the right way to go. Debtags are approved by Enrico in a very async
way from the upload to mentors or to ftp-master.

What we can do is encourage the debtags user (and I'm culprit for my
packages missing them ;) ), but not reject a sponsorship for the miss
of debtags, IMHO.

Cheers,