Homepages and debtags (was Re: RFS: monkey)

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 17:55:48 +0900
"Paul Wise" <pabs@debian.org> wrote:

> You should include a Homepage field.

> Your package has no debtags, please add some:
>
> http://debtags.alioth.debian.org/edit.html?pkg=monkey

Maybe both of these should be default criteria for sponsoring? The
first upload of any non-native package should either include the
Homepage field or an explanation of why there might be no homepage.

Subsequent uploads of any package should ensure that debtags are
complete.

I've added both as requirements for my own sponsoring, once I get back
to normal levels of sponsoring activity.

Worth adding these two to the mentors FAQ?

http://oldpeople.debian.org/~codehelp/#debtags

http://oldpeople.debian.org/~codehelp/#homepage

I've also added a bit of extra text to some of the sections, noticeably
on communication:
"All communication by email only, preferably on the debian-mentors
mailing list and wherever possible, signed with your GnuPG key.
Pestering me on IRC is likely to end with you needing a new sponsor (or
at best being ignored). I'm always busy, I have always got lots of
stuff that needs doing before your upload, so ask me nicely and I'll
look at moving you up the ToDo list. Make sure that your requests for
sponsorship on the mentors mailing list contain all necessary
information, this includes listings for: Programming Languages,
Licence, Version, Authors, Description and Homepage. ITP or RFS content
that does not detail the programming language or does not include
appropriate Licence information *will* be ignored.  If the upload
closes a bug that is not an ITP bug, the full title of that bug should
be included in the RFS along with the current severity of that bug."

(and if any DD can remember how to fix oldpeople sites to show up on
people again, let me know - the ordinary fix has not worked)

--

Neil Williams