Re: Determining native or non-native package inside pbuilder

"Paul Wise" <pabs@debian.org> writes:

> On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> > "Paul Wise" <pabs@debian.org> writes:
> >
> >> Usually this warning is produced because of an incorrectly named
> >> orig.tar.gz - foo-1.2.orig.tar.gz (bad) vs foo_1.2.orig.tar.gz (good).
> >> Perhaps that is the issue?
> >
> > Perhaps. But as far as I know, I have no control over the name of the
> > tarball; it's generated automatically as part of 'pdebuild'.
> >
> > What do I need to do so that the correct tarball name (i.e. correctly
> > indicating native or non-native) is used when I run 'pdebuild'?
>
> A native tar.gz (rather than a non-native orig.tar.gz) is only
> generated automatically when you don't have an orig.tar.gz file. I
> suggest removing all tar.gz files below your source directory and
> doing something like this in the source directory:
>
> wget -O ../foo_1.2.3.orig.tar.gz http://foo.bar.com/foo-1.2.3.tar.gz

Should I expect it to be found at '../tarballs/foo_1.2.3.orig.tar.gz'?
That's where 'dpkg-buildpackage' and other tools seem to expect it.

Is 'pbuilder' different in this regard? I'd rather not have the same
file needing to appear at multiple places just to get the Debian tools
working in concert.

--
 \         “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “I think so, |
  `\         Brain, but three round meals a day wouldn't be as hard to |