Determining native or non-native package inside pbuilder

Howdy all,

I'm using a 'pbuilder' hook to run 'lintian' over the generated package:

===== B91_lintian =====
#! /bin/sh
# Run lintian on the generated package

echo "I: installing lintian and running it on the package"
apt-get install -y --force-yes lintian &>/dev/null
lintian --allow-root --color=always -I /tmp/buildd/*.changes | tee /tmp/buildd/lintian
=====

I then use 'pdebuild' from the source tree to package and install in
the pbuilder. When this hook runs, I get the following output:

=====
I: installing lintian and running it on the package
W: python-coverage source: debian-watch-file-in-native-package
W: python-coverage source: native-package-with-dash-version
=====

The package is 'python-coverage' version 2.80-2, and is not a native
Debian package.

What do I need to do with 'pbuilder' to allow the 'lintian' running
inside it to correctly determine native or non-native status of the
package?

--
 \         “Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they |
  `\                                         believe me?” —Jack Handey |