Re: Determining native or non-native package inside pbuilder

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> "Paul Wise" <pabs@debian.org> writes:
>
>> Usually this warning is produced because of an incorrectly named
>> orig.tar.gz - foo-1.2.orig.tar.gz (bad) vs foo_1.2.orig.tar.gz (good).
>> Perhaps that is the issue?
>
> Perhaps. But as far as I know, I have no control over the name of the
> tarball; it's generated automatically as part of 'pdebuild'.
>
> What do I need to do so that the correct tarball name (i.e. correctly
> indicating native or non-native) is used when I run 'pdebuild'?

A native tar.gz (rather than a non-native orig.tar.gz) is only
generated automatically when you don't have an orig.tar.gz file. I
suggest removing all tar.gz files below your source directory and
doing something like this in the source directory:

wget -O ../foo_1.2.3.orig.tar.gz http://foo.bar.com/foo-1.2.3.tar.gz

--
bye,
pabs