Re: RFS: qmmp

Ben Finney wrote:
> "Eugene V. Lyubimkin" <jackyf.devel@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> It builds these binary packages:
>> libqmmp-dev - development files for libqmmp
>> libqmmp-misc - plugins and auxiliary libraries for qmmp
>> libqmmp0   - library that provides core functionality of qmmp
>> libqmmpui-dev - development files for libqmmpui
>> libqmmpui0 - library that provides user interface of qmmp
>> qmmp       - xmms-like audio player with support of many formats
>
> These synopses don't actually describe much. What does "XMMS-like"
> mean here? Can you say what that is in a synopsis without referring
> to a package the reader might not be familiar with? Of the form:
>
>     audio player that frotzes and spangulates
>
> where "frotzes and spangulates" are the description of what you mean
> by "XMMS-like", so that I don't need to know what XMMS is to
> understand.
Ok, changed to "feature-rich audio player with support of many formats". Nothing special,
just audio player with many features.

> The "libqmmp" library synopses are inconsistent, and don't do much
> except refer to "qmmp", which isn't much help. How about:
>
>     qmmp audio player runtime library development files
>     qmmp audio player plugins and auxiliary libraries
>     qmmp audio player runtime library
>     qmmp audio player user interface development files
>     qmmp audio player user interface library
>
> Much the same principles apply to the full description: it's good to
> have an identical "qmmp is an audio player that frotzes and
> spangulates" section in the description of every one of these
> packages, leaving the rest of the description to say what makes this
> package unique compared to the others.

Done as how you suggested.
Reuploaded: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/q/qmmp/qmmp_0.2.0-1.dsc

Thanks for look!

--
Eugene V. Lyubimkin aka JackYF, Ukrainian C++ developer.