Re: RFS: qmmp

"Eugene V. Lyubimkin" <jackyf.devel@gmail.com> writes:

> It builds these binary packages:
> libqmmp-dev - development files for libqmmp
> libqmmp-misc - plugins and auxiliary libraries for qmmp
> libqmmp0   - library that provides core functionality of qmmp
> libqmmpui-dev - development files for libqmmpui
> libqmmpui0 - library that provides user interface of qmmp
> qmmp       - xmms-like audio player with support of many formats

These synopses don't actually describe much. What does "XMMS-like"
mean here? Can you say what that is in a synopsis without referring
to a package the reader might not be familiar with? Of the form:

    audio player that frotzes and spangulates

where "frotzes and spangulates" are the description of what you mean
by "XMMS-like", so that I don't need to know what XMMS is to
understand.

The "libqmmp" library synopses are inconsistent, and don't do much
except refer to "qmmp", which isn't much help. How about:

    qmmp audio player runtime library development files
    qmmp audio player plugins and auxiliary libraries
    qmmp audio player runtime library
    qmmp audio player user interface development files
    qmmp audio player user interface library

Much the same principles apply to the full description: it's good to
have an identical "qmmp is an audio player that frotzes and
spangulates" section in the description of every one of these
packages, leaving the rest of the description to say what makes this
package unique compared to the others.

--
 \         “Pleasure's a sin, and sometimes sin's a pleasure.” —“Lord” |
  `\                              George Gordon Noel Byron, _Don Juan_ |