Re: Changing source package name

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, SZÉKELYI Szabolcs wrote:
> I would like to change the name of a source package; is there
> anything non-package-specific thing to do apart from simply using
> the new name in debian/changelog? I mean adding new header fields,
> etc.

In general, you should try really hard not to change your source
package name. So hopefully whatever name you're switching to is one
that you'll keep and won't have to switch again.

[The reason why you don't want to change your source package name
gratuitously is because it makes tracking bug versioning more complex,
pollutes the namespace, and can cause confusion in various different
places.]

Don Armstrong

--
Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves
exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves