Re: RFS: swedish (updated ispell and spell packages)

On Wednesday 11 June 2008 17:49:38 Jeremiah C. Foster wrote:
> Done, the new "upstream" tarball is at
> http://jeremiahfoster.com:8080/swedish-1.4.5.tar.gz

That tarball is roughly ten times the size of the last version. Please run
make distclean before generating a tarball, you don't need to distribute all
your generated files. Apart from that, the transliteration of the file and
directory names looks good.

> Does this mean I have to become "upstream" for the swedish package?
> That is not really a problem, I just want to make sure of my
> responsibilities.

Yes, exactly. There is no upstream of that package, so you would take over
that responsibility as well.

> Added my copyright statement back, changed to UTF-8 using
> iconv. The `file` command is still saying ASCII however. Not sure how
> to determine proper encoding.

Please use the Swedish characters from the last changelog (from version 1.4.4)
in the names, you will then get an UTF-8 encoded changelog.

I didn't see a new upload on mentors.d.n, so I couldn't comment on the Debian
part.

Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Toedter   | Your lucky number is 3562364958674928.
Hamburg, Germany | Watch for it everywhere.