Re: RFS: swedish (updated ispell and spell packages)

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 05:49:38PM +0200, Jeremiah C. Foster wrote:
[snip]

> > > Done.
> >
> > You converted it to ASCII. Please use UTF-8, use e.g. iconv for that. Also,
> > you've removed your own copyright statement for the Debian packaging.
>
> Added my copyright statement back, changed to UTF-8 using
> iconv. The `file` command is still saying ASCII however. Not sure how
> to determine proper encoding.

Errrr, I could be wrong here, but if a file is valid 7-bit ASCII,
it actually *is* valid UTF-8, isn't it now? :)  Thus, the Policy
requirement that the Debian changelog be valid UTF-8 should really
be satisfied by a valid 7-bit ASCII file - it just does not need
to use any of the "UTF-8 extensions".

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net    roam@cnsys.bg    roam@FreeBSD.org
Thit sentence is not self-referential because "thit" is not a word.