Re: Keep directory in working tree, but exclude from foo.diff.gz (was: dh_clean and explicit package clean lists)

Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au> writes:

> In other words (and thank you for asking questions until I know how
> to ask this): I want an additional directory to be removed from the
> Debian source package, the same way '.bzr/' and '.hg/' and 'CVS/' et
> al are removed when building the Debian source package.
>
> How can I achieve this? What should I use?

Hmm. It seems I have cunningly tricked myself into continuing the
discussion opened in Message-Id: <87hcdqbrf5.fsf@benfinney.id.au>
<URL:http://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/87hcdqbrf5.fsf@benfinney.id.au>.
Message header fields updated accordingly, to re-join the thread.

The discussion was never resolved beyond "re-specify the entire
cumbersome regex of dpkg-source, modified slightly for this
directory".

I will have a look at a patch to dpkg-source to allow for this
particular directory. That solves the problem only on my system,
unless and until all others building the package get an updated 'dpkg'
incorporating the patch. So "patch dpkg-source" is similarly
sub-optimal.

In the meantime, I'd still appreciate alternative answers.

--
 \     "I went camping and borrowed a circus tent by mistake. I didn't |
  `\      notice until I got it set up. People complained because they |