Re: ITA/RFS: libupnp -- Intel Universal Plug And Play SDK

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 07:57:36PM +0900, Paul Wise wrote:

> Since you are packaging a shared library, please also support symbols files:
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/UsingSymbolsFiles
> http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/ImprovedDpkgShlibdeps
> dpkg-gensymbols(1)

Thanks for the references Paul.  I intend to do so as soon as possible
but as a new maintainer, and in view of the warnings in those docs about
making the version requirements over-strict, I would like to familiarise
myself with the history of the APIs and the workings of shlibdeps before
I commit the relevant additions to Debian.

Nick