Re: ITA/RFS: libupnp -- Intel Universal Plug And Play SDK and linux-igd -- UPnP Internet Gateway Device

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Nick Leverton <nick@leverton.org> wrote:

>  I've read up on the shlibs question I posted yesterday, and I'm satisfied
>  that removing debian/libupnp3.shlibs in favour of using dh_makeshlibs
>  and dh_shlibdeps does the right thing for this package.  Thanks to Russ
>  Allbery for providing the hints when he answered another packager ;)

Since you are packaging a shared library, please also support symbols files:

http://wiki.debian.org/UsingSymbolsFiles
http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/ImprovedDpkgShlibdeps
dpkg-gensymbols(1)

They will help ensure the minimal version numbers in dependencies in
programs using the library to ease upgrades and help detect ABI
breakage when symbols dissappear. See also the
DPKG_GENSYMBOLS_CHECK_LEVEL environment variable.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise