Re: ITA/RFS: libupnp -- Intel Universal Plug And Play SDK and linux-igd -- UPnP Internet Gateway Device

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 03:58:28PM +0100, Jochen Friedrich wrote:
> Please check your package with lintian. A few problems are:
>
> - - debian/libupnp3.shlibs still has the old soname in it
> - - debian/control has the old maintainer in it, you should update it
> - - please update standards version
> - - please remove $(PWD) from debian/rules
> - - please fix the location of *.so files.
> - - you should close your ITA bug in the changelog and document the
>   maintainer change
>
> As soon as thes problems are fixed, I'll do some tests with gmediaserver ;)

Hi Jochen,

I've read up on the shlibs question I posted yesterday, and I'm satisfied
that removing debian/libupnp3.shlibs in favour of using dh_makeshlibs
and dh_shlibdeps does the right thing for this package.  Thanks to Russ
Allbery for providing the hints when he answered another packager ;)

The above issues are all fixed now and I would be very grateful if you
can go ahead and test whenever you have time.

Updated .dsc/.diff.gz are at the same URL,
http://debian.leverton.org/dists/etch/main/source/libupnp_1.6.5-1.dsc

Thankyou

Nick