Re: RFS: dblatex: long term / current release 0.2.8-3

Michal Čihař <nijel@debian.org> wrote:

Hello,

> Hi
>
> On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 21:12:02 +0100
> Andreas Hoenen <andreas.hoenen@arcor.de> wrote:
>
> > Michal Čihař <nijel@debian.org> wrote:
> > > Any reason why not to use /usr/share/dpatch/dpatch.make and including
> > > dpatch rules direcly?
> >
> > Both ways are described as possible in the dpatch man page, but yours
> > looks more elegant.  Adapted.
>
> Where does clean1 target come from now? I don't see any reason for it.

Just taken from the example in the manual page DPATCH.MAKE(7).  I think
the reason for this indirect approach is as follows:

    build-stamp: patch-stamp

causes patch-stamp to be executed as first action before the build-stamp
commands get executed.  Symmetrical to this the construct

    clean: clean1 unpatch
    clean1:

causes unpatch to be executed as last action after all clean1 commands.
Whereas

    clean: unpatch

means unpatch being executed before the clean commands.  For dblatex it
seems to be a matter of taste, as the stack approach is not needed.
Thus adapted.

> > > I think it is cleaner not to have things like "if [ -f
> > > debian/lintian.overrides ]" in debian/rules. You know whether there is
> > > lintian override when you create package.
> >
> > My argumentation is as follows: For some releases I need overrides, for
> > others not.  I prefer to change only one location (overrides file
> > itself) than additionally the rules file.  But this seems to be
> > arguable.  Thus changed.
>
> It's better to fix reason why you need override than adding one on so,e
> releases.

In general you are right, however I added the override for a false
positive from lintian [1].  (Although there Russ Allberry seems to
advise not to override lintian bugs.)  Of course I prefer obeying
packaging standards to overriding warnings about real violations.  ;-)

> And one more note - watch file could be simplified to this and use
> uscan support for sourceforge:
> http://sf.net/dblatex/dblatex-(.*)\.tar\.bz2
>
> --
>   Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://blog.cihar.com

Adapted.  Thus the next release candidate is:

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dblatex/dblatex_0.2.8-5.dsc

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2007/12/msg00264.html

Regards, Andreas
--