Re: RFS: dblatex: long term / current release 0.2.8-3

Michal Čihař <nijel@debian.org> wrote:

Thanks for your review.

> Hi
>
> On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 11:04:52 +0100
> Andreas Hoenen <andreas.hoenen@arcor.de> wrote:
>
> > [3] - URL: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dblatex
> >     - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> >     - dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dblatex/dblatex_0.2.8-3.dsc
>
> Just few comments (not necessary errors):
>
> Any reason why not to use /usr/share/dpatch/dpatch.make and including
> dpatch rules direcly?

Both ways are described as possible in the dpatch man page, but yours
looks more elegant.  Adapted.

> I think it is cleaner not to have things like "if [ -f
> debian/lintian.overrides ]" in debian/rules. You know whether there is
> lintian override when you create package.

My argumentation is as follows: For some releases I need overrides, for
others not.  I prefer to change only one location (overrides file
itself) than additionally the rules file.  But this seems to be
arguable.  Thus changed.

> $ lintian -I dblatex_0.2.8-3_i386.changes
> I: dblatex source: build-depends-without-arch-dep python-support

Adapted.  I really should use the -I switch with lintian.  :-(

> How about cleaning up dependencies on ghostscript? gs-gpl is a
> transitional package and gs-pdfencrypt does not seem to exist.

(gs-pdfencrypt is a virtual package.)  Cleaned up.

> Otherwise it looks in quite good shape and I think I can upload it.
>
> --
>   Michal Čihař | http://cihar.com | http://blog.cihar.com

That would be great.  I have uploaded adapted version 0.2.8-4:

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/d/dblatex/dblatex_0.2.8-4.dsc

Thanks, Andreas
--
Andreas Hoenen <andreas.hoenen@arcor.de>