Re: alpine_1.0+dfsg-2_source.changes REJECTED

Please use list-reply. No need to Cc people if they didn't request it,
see the Debian lists policy.

On 12/01/2008, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
> Interesting.  Is there a reason for this policy, or is it just
> historical?

ISTR it was intended to ensure the package at least builds fine in the
developer's environment, to reduce FTBFSes. I wasn't there at that time
though, but I've been told several times that I'll be an old DD before
it gets a chance to be changed. I guess you can call it historical.

> Got it, now I understand the way things work.  I still have the above
> question about why they work that way.

Check for “source only uploads” in the list archives, and maybe in the
DWN. First shot gives [1,2].

 1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/10/msg01226.html
 2. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/10/msg01227.html

--