Re: alpine_1.0+dfsg-2_source.changes REJECTED

Asheesh Laroia wrote:

> I'm a Debian Maintainer now

Congratulations.

> That sort of creeps me out - I'd much rather exercise a buildd and make
> sure that a pristine package gets into the archive.

It's a bit of a historical thing, left over from the days when everybody
used i386 boxes. There is only one i386 buildd (which was down recently).

The idea is that since you should be test building your package in a clean
sid chroot anyway you might as well upload the results (after signing it of
course) to save time on Debian resources.

regards,

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  +44(0)1903 236872  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
Debian Developer   |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good
with ketchup.